For Immediate Release

New Talent or Amateur Dabbling?

Have hidden talents in art and photography been discovered within the soul of an author?

Toronto (ON)-As well as being a celebrity author, and radio host Tilly Rivers dabbles in photography and art. She states that her art has no style and she is sure there is not a name for her designs. She shrugs her shoulders and says she gives it a “Tilly Twist” letting her fingers guide her- the same she says as writing.

“I call it flying into the mist- and have been called the Misty Rider- when I go into this world my stories are alive-real- and the normal world no longer exists. I never really know when I am going to ‘fly’ and have often walked into poles, sat across from someone at a coffee shop with a sudden blank look, or lain in bed ready to sleep only to begin my journey into the mist instead, than before I know it my fingers guide the keyboard, the pastels- or the camera, sometimes I even write the old fashion way, with a pen!”

Tilly says she is by no means a professional photographer or artist, and envy’s the talent of those capable of capturing beauty on canvas or through the lens of a camera. “I simple dabble” she says with a smirk, “My stick people cry…and beg for an eraser to set them free” she laughs, “drawing portraits or reality is not my talent base, I always see things a bit differently from everyone else, and it is this world that is my inspiration in everything I do. I see an old stone gate, muddy leaf, or forgotten barns half fallen down and think- wow- that is so beautiful! It is history-a story- how many people passed through that gate during their path of life? How many farmers worked in that barn before it was abandoned? Why was it abandoned?” Rivers quirks her eyebrows, “What can I say, it’s just me.”

Her favorite artists are Kara Elsberry and Tom Phalen, and her favorite photographers are Tiffany Christine Morris, Edward Delgado, and Chuck Kochman.

The Erotica Goddess or Misty Rider? Rivers replies “Both.”

Does Tilly Rivers have other talents besides writing? Or is she, as she says, a dabbler? This, I will leave up to you, the reader to decide!


#####

Samples of Tilly Rivers’ photography and art are posted on her Facebook and MySpace Profiles. Rivers will be releasing Forbidden Fruit in the fall of 2008. Among her writing credits are best selling erotica anthologies, Seditious and Salacious, Award winning poetry book Just the Way It Is. Wisteria Moon has won several awards and honorable mentions. Other releases by Rivers are full length erotic romance novels; Master of his Destiny and Savage Freedom, Poetry books Perfumed Sheets and Rainy Day Musings. Rivers contributed and coordinated the release of Sensual Secrets. Her freelance contributions are both in traditional and online venues. Rivers is the winner of NAWA, three years in a row, NAPA winner two years running, and has received hundreds of awards and honorable mentions for erotica and poetry contributions, as well as a public speaker and radio host.